Thread: Going on vacation

Cool Going on vacation

Hello guys!

I've got a pretty random question, but it's really bothering me.
    I'm going on a one week vacation in another country (yay for me) and I can't bring my Love with me. She's very very social and likes having people around, anyone! I have some very lovely neighbors that could comme check her food and water in the morning and put her cage blanket on and off. Although this seems fine, it's not fine with me, and probably not fine with Ellie as she likes having company. My mom would probably be able to keep her for the week, but it's a 2 hours drive to her place and she would be around people a little more...

I don't know what to do, I don't want her to be sad while I'm gone.

Tell me about your similar experiences or what you would in that situation!

Thank you in advance

Default Re: Going on vacation

you could try to find a good pet sitter. i know people who have gone this route and been very happy.

I would not leave Ellie at home with someone only checking on her to make sure she has food and water once or twice/day. I would probably ask my mom first or find a reliable bird sitter first. My first choice would be mom, regardless of distance.
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Thanks for your replies!

My mom will take her for the week, I have this traveling cage so she can be on my lap for the whole ride

I think this is what's best for Ellie. I, personally, want to know there's someone there all the time to make sure my feathered buddy is fine. My mom used to bird sit for me whenever I went on vacation.
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.