Thread: ISO - Bird friendly birthday cake recipe/ideas

Default ISO - Bird friendly birthday cake recipe/ideas

Hello fellow bird lovers!

Nutlet's hatchday is next week and I would like to make him a birthday cake. Does anyone have any recipes they could share? I did a quick search on the site but nothing came up. I don't trust the interweb so I would prefer a recipe that someone has tried (or that they know is bird friendly).

Thanks for your time!
    Lynda

Default Re: ISO - Bird friendly birthday cake recipe/ideas

It's not a cake but you could always make him some birdy cornbread. My guys get it for breakfast everyday.

use 1 cup of unbleached whole weat flour, 1 cup of cornmeal, 1 cup of mixed veggies (I use the frozen ones and thaw them out, put them in a blender to chop them small), 1 tbsp. baking powder 1/8 cup of oil, 1 cup apple juice. and 1 egg.

You can make it into small muffins like I used to do for my Ditto.

Bake at 425.

Linda has the recipe posted here somewhere that's where I got it from.
    Dave and Ditto (he still lets me list my name first)

http://www.lovebirdsplus.com/communi...made-Cornbread

Like Dave said, not cake but you can't convince my flock that it isn't! They absolutely love it and it's good for them. If you only have one bird and make a recipe, it can be frozen and thawed very easily. With my flock, I make 7 recipes at a time and it stays very well in my frig, as I will use what I make within 5 days.
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Quote Originally Posted by linda040899 View Post
    http://www.lovebirdsplus.com/communi...made-Cornbread

Like Dave said, not cake but you can't convince my flock that it isn't! They absolutely love it and it's good for them. If you only have one bird and make a recipe, it can be frozen and thawed very easily. With my flock, I make 7 recipes at a time and it stays very well in my frig, as I will use what I make within 5 days.
    I triple it and bake 2 8 inch square "cakes". cut that into 4 pieces and freeze it. With only three it lasts me 2 months.

Linda spoiled my three rotten so they demand conbread for breakfast everyday.
    Last edited by Z28Taxman; 05-02-2018 at 01:13 PM.
    Dave and Ditto (he still lets me list my name first)