Thread: Another Milestone!

Default Another Milestone!

Peep STEPPED UP today. Twice!

Default Re: Another Milestone!

All right!!!!!!! It's amazing what time, patience and love will do when working with a new flock member! This was absolutely meant to be!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

He did it again this morning! He's still a bit nervous but stepped up more quickly than yesterday.

If you thought yesterday was just a coincidence, this second time shows he knows what he is doing and where he wants to be! A trust relationship is an amazing thing!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Third time is the charm...And proof that he's got it. As soon as we got up this morning he came to the edge of the table by my bed and did his little "come get me dance". I reached over with my left hand and he backed off a bit. I switched to my right hand and he hopped right on. We are now sitting on my bed, me drinking my coffee, Peep preening on my head. Oliver is off doing his own thing as usual. Which is exploring the top of the microwave at the moment. He may be a bit standoffish but he is quite social and follows wherever Peep is. Peep has begun staying on me during trips to the bathroom...the only other room in the apartment...so Oliver has to follow. After making a few loud flock calls, of course. He will most likely join us on the bed in a bit. Gussie was a good bird but it's clear my heart belongs to lovebirds