Thread: Oh, Christmas tree...

Default Oh, Christmas tree...

Hey guys. Long time no see. Hope everyone is having a Happy Thanksgiving.

So I'd like to read on your experiences regarding your lovies and the Christmas tree. I'm about to let Sky fly around with the tree in for the first time. And I know there's tension from my wife, since, well, we are seeing what's left of the curtains. Would like to hear how you've dealt with the situation and any advice you'd like to give me. Thanks!

Default Re: Oh, Christmas tree...

Ah! The life of living with a lovebird!!!!! Ain't it fun?????

I have an artificial tree that looks real. My flock completely ignores it and has for many years. They may fly past it but never give it even a second glance once they realize it's been added to the house decor.

To keep them off of the tops of doors and curtains, we use red towels. Red is EVIL around here and they avoid the towels at all costs. I have all of my flock in one part of the house and there's an entrance from that area into the rest of the house. We've thought about hanging sheer curtains that can be pulled together to keep them where we want them or pulled apart if we want them to have access to the rest of the house. The fun part of living with parrots is keeping tabs on what they are doing. It's like living with a perpetual 5 year old child.

Glad to see you back here and that you had a great Thanksgiving. May your Christmas this year be just as good!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

I might try the red, we got a nice new white tablecloth and Sky is simply not allowed on it --bird poop stains!!! Interesting about the curtains. My wife has determined that when we move to a house we will have Sky in his own place and not allowed in the rest of the house. Seems a little drastic but might be an excuse to get another love to keep him company. Thank you so much for the wishes.

I haven't put up the dividing curtain yet but my partner said he will do it when I want to keep my Amazon from going where ever I am or searching for me when I'm not in her visual range. Alex (BFA) wants nothing more than to be where I'm at and I have to be careful when I open my back french doors for fear that she might try to follow me outside! I've trained her to come on command for just that reason. It works inside and I don't want to find out if it would work outside......
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.