Thread: well After 6 years......

Default well After 6 years......

Opie has finally shown interest in coming out of the cage. I always leave the cage door open when filling food and water dishes. Otis, stays far away from the door but lately Opie has been hanging out near the door. Yesterday I came in and she was hanging on the open door outside the cage! She went back in as soon as the food did but it's a start.
    Dave and Ditto (he still lets me list my name first)

Default Re: well After 6 years......

This is a good thing! Guess it took that long for Opie to become comfortable! Otis will likely not be far behind. With pairs, what one does, so does the other!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Quote Originally Posted by linda040899 View Post
    This is a good thing! Guess it took that long for Opie to become comfortable! Otis will likely not be far behind. With pairs, what one does, so does the other!
    Or she finally got bored with the huge cage and wants to see what's outside now.

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Taxman View Post
    Or she finally got bored with the huge cage and wants to see what's outside now.
    With a lovebird, there's always something to explore and new things to get into! In my lovebird room, all I have to do is leave a cage door even partially open and the lovies living in that cage are out and about to see what's going on! Funny thing is, they know where they live and if I want to let them go back by themselves, I will find them ready for bed when the lights go out.....in their own cage!
    Linda L.

Well since I'm now working from home permanantly I may have to leave the door open more often. Just have to remember to close my office door first. Otherwise I may never find her is she's got the whole house to hide in.

Otherwise I may never find her is she's got the whole house to hide in.
    Ain't that the truth and you have a BIG house!!! I have that same problem with Lia, my female parrotlet. She's so tiny and fast that it's hard to follow her when she flies. Small birds can hide much easier than a larger bird such as a Macaw, Amazon or African Grey!!!

I could just imagine the surprised look on your face should one of those places Opie wanted to explore was your shoulder!
    Linda L.

Quote Originally Posted by linda040899 View Post
    Ain't that the truth and you have a BIG house!!! I have that same problem with Lia, my female parrotlet. She's so tiny and fast that it's hard to follow her when she flies. Small birds can hide much easier than a larger bird such as a Macaw, Amazon or African Grey!!!

I could just imagine the surprised look on your face should one of those places Opie wanted to explore was your shoulder!
    Problem is mom lives here. She's terrified of birds. So I guess i could just follow the screams to find where opie is hiding. :O