Thread: Morning Linda and all.

Default Morning Linda and all.

I have a question concerning Punkin. She is 5 months old now. She seems to be regurgitating food onto my hands--nothing comes up but she does it now and again. She doesnt do it for Skyler--just me. Isnt she too young to do this? She cant wait to get to Skyler when I let them out; to preen her and play--climb around. BUt she never regurgs around her.

Frigid here this morning.

Ellen

Default Re: Morning Linda and all.

Hi Ellen!
    Regurgitation/feeding a mate, person or object is a sign of affection. Parrots only feed those they really care about. Punkin seems to have a closer attachment to you than she has Skyler. Lovebirds are sexually mature around 6 months of age so this could be a precursor of what's to come. She may develop that kind of relationship with Skyler but they are not up close and "personal" yet so the relationship has not developed as it appears to have developed with you. Dao, my male Military Macaw, will try to feed me and I completely discourage it, as he doesn't offer just a little bit....... This is just parrot behavior and it goes along with being parrot slaves. Gotta luv 'em!
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Thanks Linda.

Punkin is a little weird--Skyler always wants to feed her and initially she liked it--now she shies away from his attempts. She loves being out with him and playing but eventually does end up over on me. Im trying to teach them peek a boo like I did with Prin and Paulie. I can get Punkin to poop on command but I cant even get Skyler on a stick. She'll fly to me when I have Punkin but otherwise, we are personna non grata with him. LOL

Ellen

Skyler saw Punkin as a baby and treated her as such. Adult lovebirds take care of/feed babies so it was natural, even though Skyler wasn't a "parent." You happen to be the person/object of Punkin's affection so she will try to take care of you......by feeding you. Skyler will most likely not be as social as Punkin because of different upbringing but you never know. Because Punkin loves you, the feeling may rub off. Hard to predict! Either way, both are special in their own ways.
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.