Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Possible New Baby

Default Re: Possible New Baby

Maverick has his own cage and loves it! His aerial skills have improved to the point where he flies and lands with absolute precision. Favorite landing pad is my head! I always use the "up" command and he's doing well with it. He's been doing very well with food in his dish, although I gave him a smaller dish so there's less to pick through and throw on the floor while he's looking for what he wants. I have a millet holder so I put 2 pieces in it and hung it from the top of his cage. Next time I checked on him, he was sitting on a perch, millet in foot, happily munching away. Haven't done the feather DNA test yet but my gut feeling is still male.
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

How did I miss this thread!?!?
    Happiness is spending time with your lovebird

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    How did I miss this thread!?!?
    Not sure but I've missed my Plum Head Parakeets since the pair I had both died from heart problems (vet diagnosed by necropsy). Plum Heads are hard to find and waiting lists are long. I just happened to find an ad on Craig's List (of all places) for a very young, unsexed baby and I figured why not. Maverick is just about fully feathered out and his feathering is gorgeous! There is a Plum Head breeders group on FB and a breeder posted pictures of their handfed babies and all I saw were stress marks all over the feathering. That's what happens when babies are fed on a strict schedule rather than when they are hungry. When I got Maverick, he had been on a 3 feedings/day schedule and he ate 4-5 times/day with me. He had to learn to eat from a syringe that was not put down his throat into his crop because I don't believe in crop feeding. It's been an interesting 2 months with him and I don't regret my decision.
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.