Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whisper might be a boy after all

Default Re: Whisper might be a boy after all

Quote Originally Posted by Mummieeva
    We call our Budgies the evil twins..lol. Every time I go near cage they act like I am going to eat them.

Steph
    If you think evil you will get evil......power of possitive thinking Steph....you can do it....and if nothing else.....just enjoy the chatter.....you are used to the lovebirds.....your budgies may never become super tame.....only time will tell.

Oh, I'm with Steph. Budgies can be evil. Nastiest bird I ever met was a budgie named Offspring. My sister-in-law found her in the backyard, caught her, and never found the owners. So my sister took her. Offspring looked harmless, oh yes. A harmless, sweet little yellow budgie. And she could take your fingernail off with the best of them.
    ~Jennifer
    He** hath no fury like a nesty hen

I love the budgies. But they have drawn blood more times then Baggy(and thats saying alot..lol). They love new cage though and I am not having to worry as much about them.

Steph

Steph....are you trying to hold them bare handed?.....budgies will bite purely out of fear and I guess that really is why all birds bite.....I always wear gloves when dealing with them except for Lucky because I held him so much as a bitty baby (he bluffs a pretend bite) and Amarillo (whom I beleive was handfed) & Verde (she just finally got used to me picking her up and putting her back on top of the cage. But Lucky's parents Cupie always bites, Chico is getting less and less, but i think that is because I talk to him when I give him his food while he's had the babies. The only time I don't wear gloves is when the bird gets used to me and stops biting. And of course some are just biters like Tweety! I will probably never get to hold her without gloves (she sure will step up on a perch pretty as you please), but Violet doesn't bite unless he senses danger (cat/dog). Hope doesn't bite either and I thought that was odd for being a breeder, she is so happy with Jake.

Anyway, I was just hoping to brighten your expectations for the budgies...and it doesn't seem to be working.

TY for you words Paulette. I have tried almost everything I can think of and have been told. I do not use gloves because I have hand troubles. I love them as much as I do the lovebirds. If they are happy with way they are I am not going to bother them. I can handle them enough incase I have to take them to vet and to me thats enough. They have each other. It is really Miss George who bite hardest. I let them have free flying time Just like I do Whisper and Baggy also. There terrible clip is still growing out.

Steph

Aww, I'm glad you're still trying with the Budgies. My nine year old is as tame as can get, but we also got him when he was 33 days old, and I handled him a lot. I've always been able to stroke my Sunny, and he was even starting to step up onto my finger with food, but ever since I grabbed him to do a wing clip, he's been punishing me. Then there's Penny, who's older (possibly over a year) and was never handled at all before I got him, so that'll take some time. I know it's tough being patient, but even to have a tame Budgie is worth it. I love Buddy so much (nine year old), and he loves to just sit on my shoulder, on my head, or even just on my finger. It's nice to have a little Budgie on the finger.
    ~Lisa~