Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: potty trained!!!

Default Re: potty trained!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjm8321
    Much like the "I have a beak and know how to use it" idea, you've got to figure if you have a bird; any size; that it's going to poop and chances are, on you and your stuff. Just another part of owning feathered friends.
    I agree. I have come used to the fact the Kameko has little poops unlike a big bird so they are easy to clean. I am just in the routine of befor ei head to the university in the morning i to a 360 check in the mirror for poop and off i go. Its not all bad when your bird poops where ever he/she wants because that was one way i found out how sick Kameko was once. If she flew away from me i wouldn't have seen her very runny poops and ran her to the vet.
    Mandy & Kameko

Yesterday he refused to go on the paper but today he is only refusing 50 percent of the time so i am going to keep at it. And he has known how to use his beek for awhile.In fact he is in his cage right now for biting me several times very hard because i tried to gently take him off my shoulder. That is when he bites the most. he is not hand shy in the slightest .. just stubborn!!

Lara the putting him in cage when he bites can backfire. He will learn to bite when he wants to go back to his cage. I have a hen who bites and it is fustrating I know. When she bites me I put her on top of her cage. Then she will fly back and be ok most times. Remember they are birds not kids and even 50% of the time pottying on paper is good. Bird poop were they want just like in the wild. My birds do it on their own. If they pooped on me I would not care.

Steph

Huki bites mostly when he thinks i am trying to put him back in his cage, he dislikes his cage. i have to force him to stay in it long enough to eat.He can be ravenous and trying to nibble my mouth and ears but will spend the first 10 min in his cage trying to get out before he gives in and goes to eat. i know that he is hungry cuz he then spends the next 20 min pigging out. He is getting a little more used to it and is not quite so frantic about trying to get out but he is a long way from liking it. He still wants me to cuddle him to sleep at nap time. I realize that he will still poop on me and i don't get upset if he does. At the same time i know that he knows what I want when I say go poop cuz he did it 15 times 2 days in a row.