Thread: Shipping

Default Shipping

I've looked and looked, and asked the parrot club here in Manitoba if they knew of any other lovebird breeders, but I've only found the one that I got my two babies from (besides the woman who breeds her pair at Petland). So, I'm curious about shipping. Who here has shipped their birds, or gets birds shipped to them? I live in Manitoba (just outside of Winnipeg), Canada, so I'd only be able to get lovies from Canada shipped to me. I know a few Canadian residents here that breed, but do you guys ship? I'm looking for a few specific mutations to pair with my current birds, and shipping is my only option to get those mutations. If you guys get your birds shipped to you, who have you used?
    Last edited by Angelwing; 02-04-2006 at 11:32 PM.
    ~Lisa~

Default Re: Shipping

I'm also interested in knowing a little about shipping. I know that some u.s. breeders ship to other states but I know nothing about shipping in canada.
    Angela
    Proud Mother of:
    Griffin a beautiful Chocolate Lab
    Two Lovies Tango and Gypsy

Default Re: Shipping

Angela: There is a list of breeders in Canada here that I've been e-mailing. Shipping generally costs $67-$70. DNA sexing $22-$25. Different breeders charge different prices for lovebirds, and certain mutations are more expensive. The crate that the birds are shipped in ranges from $15-$25. Some of the breeders have websites displaying which babies are currently for sale, as well as general information on their aviary. I've found a couple people are hard to communicate with (don't answer all my questions etc.) but generally they're pretty good, although some haven't answered me at all. Good luck, and let me know if you get a birdie.
    ~Lisa~