Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do?

Default Re: What to do?

My birdies' bedtime routine includes a song:

Good night my little birdies, good night.
    Good night my little birdies, good night!
    Good night my little birdies, good night, good night.
    Good night my little birdies, good night!

It's sung while the cages are covered up. Sammy has his own routine; he comes out and snuggles up my bathrobe sleeve for about an hour before he's returned to his cozy. He gets very upset if he thinks I will pass up his routine.

Neko, our cat, takes me to bed around 11 o'clock. I snuggle her while watching a little more TV. There's nothing like a drowzy cat to put you to sleep!
    Barb

Happiness is a firm banana

Janie, what with your new avatar, I keep thinkin' you're Shy!!!
    Lisa, the secret is out.....I am Shy!!!!! Yep, but without the brain power or creative gene! First time I saw my new avatar, I thought they were Shy's birds, too! Then I saw that tiny bit of "yeller" on that beautiful little peachie and knew that was my boy, Oliver. I told Shy that I wanted an avatar like hers so she did that for me. All the way from Canada to Atlanta! I've sent her so many photos of my birds that she used what she had.

Why am I not surprised that we all have our special night time routines? We're not nuts....just good lovie parents! Well, maybe we are a little bit nuts!
    Janie

Oliver, RIP
    Big Boi
    Shy

Quote Originally Posted by Janie
    Lisa, the secret is out.....I am Shy!!!!! Yep, but without the brain power or creative gene! First time I saw my new avatar, I thought they were Shy's birds, too! Then I saw that tiny bit of "yeller" on that beautiful little peachie and knew that was my boy, Oliver. I told Shy that I wanted an avatar like hers so she did that for me. All the way from Canada to Atlanta! I've sent her so many photos of my birds that she used what she had.
    Heheh, maybe we should all have birdie divided avatars.

When I used to put the covers on the cages at night, all little birdies ceased to sing. Ever since I got Kali and Trixie, though, this is not the case. They sing until I tell them to 'shhh'. And they sing as soon as it gets light out. I'll never sleep in again (gotta get me some earplugs...).
    ~Lisa~

Of course there's a night time routine here. When Ditto's light shuts off he'll sit quietly on his perch for a few minutes waiting for me to come over (he won't go to bed without his night night routine). If I fell asleep on the couch he'll yell at me after a few minutes of darkness.

Then it's time for scritches and he'll put his beak between the bars and make kissey noises. Then when I cover the cage and say night night he gives 2 quick chirps and it's into the happy hut for half an hour of beak grinding as he drifts off to sleep.
    Dave and Ditto (he still lets me list my name first)

I will be going away for a week in April and am all ready writing a list. My birds come out daily but my brother could not deal with birdy rounding up.lol. SO I am just leaving a 3 page list for him. Plus I will make up birdy bread for him to leave in their cages. I am worried too but I have to go to this wedding

Steph