Thread: Skyler is very stubborn. But a happy girl

Default Skyler is very stubborn. But a happy girl

Linda and all.

Its been 4 months now I got my Dutch blue Skyler. She has proven a challenge. Shes very twittery and cant even get a stick near her to train her up.

She is better than when we bought her. She can be held if we catch her. And she does like coming out of her cage when we are doing a puzzle in her room (formerly the dining room.)

Also she is such a singer when the sun is out. Happy as a lark. Just like Paulie used to--she loves broccoli. When I open her door she'll jump right out to her little gym to see what food is there. (See pic.)

Princesse has been gone for 9 months but I still think of her everyday and miss her sweet and loving disposition.

Hope everyone has remained healthy.

Ellen

Default Re: Skyler is very stubborn. But a happy girl

Such a beautiful picture! Thanks for sharing.

Sounds like Skyler is more independent than Paulie. Skyler is confident and happy, which is very important! I think if you play the let her come to me game with her, she will eventually be comfortable enough to fly to you for attention. If she loves broccoli, you have the perfect "bribe." Perhaps try putting a piece on your shoulder and see if she will come to you for it. You can always move it to the play gym where she will go. The important thing is that you love her for who she is.
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Thanks Linda. I do tend to accept each bird as their own being. I believe in respecting their boundaries. I never could hand train Paulie but Princesse was a breeze.
    I think letting Skyler come at her own pace is the best idea. Her happiness and contentment is the most important thing to me. I told Bernie Skyler may not be all/what I needed--but I am what she needs.

Hugs

Ellen

You and I are definitely on the same page! Once a bird (or other animal for that matter) comes to live with me, they have permanent homes as long as they are happy. Years ago, I was given a Scarlet Macaw, cage and all, because the owner was afraid the bird would bite her granddaughter. The bird was beyond miserable so I called the lady and told her rehoming wasn't going to work! She had to teach her granddaughter not to put fingers in the bird cage!!! Sklyer seems to be the perfect match for your family.
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.