Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415

Thread: The Falcon cam is back!

Default Re: The Falcon cam is back!

Interesting! I've always found banding was useful when I was breeding and I kept my records up to date.
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Quote Originally Posted by linda040899 View Post
    Interesting! I've always found banding was useful when I was breeding and I kept my records up to date.
    It also helps them to know where they came from. The current female was hatched on the same bridge in Philadelphia as the previous female at that nest. In fact the father of the current female was a younger brother to the previous female SHe was 12 when she got chased off by another female who was ultimately chased off by the current one.
    Dave and Ditto (he still lets me list my name first)

Well it's that time of year again. And it seems that the male who's been there from the start is back and ready to go. A remarkable achievement since he's now 18 years old. In the wild they normally don't live much past 12 and the oldest known wild breeding falcon was 17. So it seems he's set a record (he has had challengers the last few years but always wins out so far). He's currently on his fourth mate.

More little falcons potentially on the way. This old bird rules!!! Good grief. 18.......
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

Quote Originally Posted by linda040899 View Post
    More little falcons potentially on the way. This old bird rules!!! Good grief. 18.......
    Yep, the old guy just won't quit. One of his daughters nests in Wilmington Delaware and just laid the first egg yesterday. Harrisburg usually has their first egg a week later so if they keep to schedule they should start next week. Too bad I'm not working in my office, I won't get to see them.