Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lovebirds and Cat balls.

Default Re: Lovebirds and Cat balls.

I have some of those cat balls with the plastic bars around and they do eventually chew through (especially budgies), some have metal bell, the last ones I got have a plastic bell (probably not much better). You can use the whiffle balls (golf practice balls that are white with holes all over) they don't have anything in side (I have one budgie that loves hers). I did get some really hard balls for ferrets/ferret section at the pet store last time they have the circle and star shapped openings and an emblem of a ferret, but the outer plastic is really hard and thick, they do have a jingle inside but I don't know what it is. They were a little more expensive, but I think the pkg came with 3 and for small birds they would last forever.

Correction the ferret balls have paw print openings and several plastic beads inside.
    Last edited by Paulette; 03-18-2006 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulette
    I did get some really hard balls for ferrets/ferret section at the pet store last time they have the circle and star shapped openings and an emblem of a ferret, but the outer plastic is really hard and thick, they do have a jingle inside but I don't know what it is. They were a little more expensive, but I think the pkg came with 3 and for small birds they would last forever.
    That's a really good idea actually. If a toy is ferret proof i think a lovie will be quite safe. I never thought to look in that section, maybe i will check that out next time.
    Last edited by Mandolin; 03-18-2006 at 05:33 PM.
    Mandy & Kameko

Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin
    That's a really good idea actually. If a toy is ferret proof i think a lovie will be quite safe. I never thought to look in that section, maybe i will check that out next time.
    Mandy....I like to take my time and look at everything....sometimes you have time and sometimes you don't....and if you have a teenager sometimes they call you and you have to leave.....but I look at all the pet toys to see if there is anything similar, less expensive or more fun.....sometimes the food dishes in different departments are cheaper and sometimes not......but I gotta look!....it's just who I am....I want a broad view before I choose.....sadly I'm that person carrying stuff all over the store and then I find something better and have to put stuff back.

I got Jake and Hope a little corner thingie (plastic) for gerbils or some small animal because their food dishes are at the front of the cage and that is where they choose to spend a lot of their time (in the front top corner) so they can keep an eye on those that are higher. And constantly pooping in the food cups! It was a very nice solution, although the twistie tie that came with it didn't last long so I made it a permanent wire hanger so I can remove it when it gets dirty. One pet store sold them for about 5.00, but another sold them for 2.00. I hate to say it, but I have to shop around too.

I got a barrel of monkeys yesterday....and the young lovies are having a ball unhooking them from each other and throwing them on the floor. So look all around there are toys everywhere.