Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is this I'm hearing about personality changes? Should I find out the sex?

Default Re: What is this I'm hearing about personality changes? Should I find out the sex?

The topic of personality changes reminded me of a sign they have hanging up behind the counter at my local bird store: "THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES ON TEMPERMENT"

It's true! My Milo (DNA'd male) went through a phase, around the time he had his first molt (4 months) where he was just incorrigible. He'd bite me just for the sake of biting. He still has his moments where he'll charge me and bite my face, but for the most part he is sweet as can be. My darling little hen is still a bit on the bitey side but I wouldn't trade her for anything.
    ~Jennifer
    He** hath no fury like a nesty hen

Default Re: What is this I'm hearing about personality changes? Should I find out the sex?

Jeff I have a hen who bites everyone. But she bites me and my daughter less then she does others. She chases after everyone else. Your bird probably see you as his/her mate.

Steph
    Lovebirds fly into you heart and never let go.

Ditto only bites people who touch me. If you don't touch me, he'll snuggle you too.
    Dave and Ditto (he still lets me list my name first)