Thread: Amaretto update

Talking Amaretto update

So it's been almost two months since I got Amaretto. (She's now a little over 3 months old). She's doing reeeeally well. She's stepping-up a lot more now and seems used to my hands. The big part of my update that I wanted to share was that I taught her a trick! Yee! I can now say "kisses" and have her make a kissing sound back to me. I have it on tape, but I'll upload that later. It's so cute. Now, whenever I say it, she'll "kiss". It sounds exactly like the sound I make when I kiss her (ya know..the kissy noise...lol).

I thought that was really great progress, so I thought I'd share. And just today, she's started rubbing me with her beak and leaning her head towards me (to get scratched/preened). She's never, ever done that before.

I'm a little excited, so I hope I haven't rambled.

PS - Her black baby beak is almost gone.

Default Re: Amaretto update

Way to go Amaretto !!!!!!!!

PS...Beaker and Scooter wanna remind Mamma to keep her kissie lips closed when yer smoochin....no swappin spit....its bad fer ya eh !!

Congrats on the training...slow and steady always pays off !!!
    Flock-a-doodle-dooooooo

Yay Amaretto! Sounds like she's having lots of fun, and learning in the process. Gotta love them smart birdies.
    ~Lisa~

I'm am so glad to hear the progress you and Amaretto have made . I love beaker kisses. They are the best. Without spit of course:eek: :eek: .
    Laura O

That's so cute! Kissy noises I can't wait to hear them. Congrats on your progress
    Jackie
    I live in my own little world, but it's ok...they know me there.

Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kimsbirds
    PS...Beaker and Scooter wanna remind Mamma to keep her kissie lips closed when yer smoochin....no swappin spit....its bad fer ya eh !!
    I don't actually kiss her because I'm still scared of her beak and don't want to get a lip bite. hehe.

Emery, you are allowed to ramble when talking about your lovebird! That is great progress and we love hearing that kind of news! I think you and Amaretto have come a long way in a short amount of time. I'm waiting for that video, too!
    Janie

Oliver, RIP
    Big Boi
    Shy

Okay, here's the recording of it! Please don't mind my voice, I don't actually sound like a squeaky 10 year old.

http://media.putfile.com/Amaretto-kisses

And this has no "kisses" in it, but I thought it was cute. I had her at the window watching for birds and she just looks so cute looking around outside for "her friends" (she thinks they like her...I think otherwise).
    http://media.putfile.com/Amaretto-bird-watching
    Last edited by Emery; 04-19-2006 at 03:05 PM.

It won't play on my computer
    Jackie
    I live in my own little world, but it's ok...they know me there.