Thread: Indy doesn't wanna bathe...

Default Indy doesn't wanna bathe...

I got him a small birdie bath that I put at the bottom of his cage sometimes, but he refuses to go near it. Would it be better for me to get a hanging cockateil bath for him instead? He's molting, so bathing might be better for him. Right?

Default Re: Indy doesn't wanna bathe...

Blu didn't bathe for almost 3 months when we first got her. I place a small container with water on top of her cage at all time and that's where she goes.
    Does Indy goes at the bottom of the cage? If so,I would leave the bath you got him and give him a few days to get used to. My fisher refuses to go at the bottom of the cage while my peachface doesn't have an issue with it. It all depends on the bird but allowe for a small ajsutment period.

Regards,
    Elle

It's not a coincidence that both birds and angels have wings!

"Many have forgotten this truth but you must not forget it.
    We remain responsible forever for what we have tamed."

I have 3 lovies who takes their baths on a plate in the kitchen or in my hands under the kitchen faucet. My 4th lovie takes a bath in his water dish. He won't take a bath with the others. After Molly weaned and bathing became an issue, it took me a few months to coax him to take a bath in my hands in the sink. He was afraid of the water, but also excited to hear it. Now he loves to take a bath
    Jackie
    I live in my own little world, but it's ok...they know me there.

Have you tried a spray bottle? Make a misting like it's raining? I have a lot of birds, and different birds like to take a bath different ways. I have a macaw that loves to get into the shower, while most of the lovies and conures will just jump into a bowl. I have a Dusky that came to the house not likeing water, but now he loves to be sprayed with a water bottle. My daughters bird loves to dive into any water any were, but likes being sprayed with the water bottle as long as he can't see the bottle..

We have just had to figure out what bird likes which way, and work from there. All the birds are loved, but sometimes like kids they can keep us busy...

Rubygem