Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need the "Bird Whisperer!!"

Default Re: I need the "Bird Whisperer!!"

Lisa,

I'm glad your husband is on the mend. I hope he'll overcome his denial. My Mom lives there, with diabetes & heart disease.

I've trained my males (they are fully flighted) to return to their cage and go inside on command. I just clapped my hands and said "good boy, good boy" when they would do it right. When they resist, I turn off the overhead light (there is another small light in the room) and they know I'm serious. They seem to like the excited "good boy" that they get. Lovebirds love drama and excitement, so get really excited for them and you have their attention. If you've ever been bitten by one and screamed, you know what I mean.
    Suzanne

Default Re: I need the "Bird Whisperer!!"

Lisa,

I am so glad to hear your hubby is doing well. I can only imagine how hard it all is for him at only 48 years of age. It just sounds too young to have heart problems. With the family history though, it's good he caught it early, and of course he does have the best nurse he could have, and I know you've been nursing him up

You two take care. It does sound like Peaches is trying to take care of you. The preening is taking care of you, but I know it doesn't probably feel that way
    "Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath
    her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings."
    -Victor Hugo

Lori