Thread: Missing My Rico

Default Missing My Rico

We took our Summer vacation last week and returned home last night.

We have a wonderful woman who runs an Avain Boarding facility from her home called Feathered Playpen. I took Rico there last year and he seemed to enjoy it.

I am picking him up first thing after work tonight. It's only been 5 days but I miss him soooo much. Like a big hole in my stomach. It was really wierd not having him in the house last night.

I can't wait to see him today....

Default Re: Missing My Rico

It is amazing how much they are like our children isn't it? I felt the same way I felt when I left Bela that I felt the first time I left my Son when he was little. It does get a little better, but you still miss the little buggers.

Hope you all had a good time
    "Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath
    her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings."
    -Victor Hugo

Lori

I'll bet he'll be soooo excited to see you. I heard about a survey last week that 30% people devoted to their pets won't take a vacation. I think I fall into that catagory Even though I have someone I could leave them with, I just can't bring myself to do it. Hope you had a relaxing vacation.
    Jackie
    I live in my own little world, but it's ok...they know me there.

Vacation? what the heck is that? LOL
    Glad you did have a vacation and just think of it as Rico got a vacation too. I'm sure he worked all his charms on the woman boarding him and got extra treats.
    MJ

Last year I left Mercuri with my boyfriend's aunt -- she had a lovebird for 17 years and now has a Caique -- she looooves having the extra whistler in the house! Still, even for 7 days, I went crazy at the beach ... this year, I'm leaving Mercuri AND my new puppy for 10 days ... I seriously thought about staying home for them, but my boyfriend said, "Don't you want a little while where you don't have to worry about feeding them, waking up for them ... taking them out?" It's true. All but two weeks out of the year, they're my day! I do love it, but sometimes a break is nice so that I don't feel guilty for sleeping in because there aren't two cute sets of eyes waiting for me!
    ~ Cerissa