She came from a store that got all the lovebirds from a breeder that worked there. They seemed much more interested in showing us much more expensive birds. I had been toying with the idea of a hook bill but wasn't serious yet. When I saw her and then held her I knew she needed out of there. She was terrified but never bit. I would have bitten so I knew she had a sweet soul. I couldn't leave her so we have rearranged our lives for this little sweetie. I love her lots and so appreciate our little parrot. I am also lucky to have a husband that loves her as much as I do. Celeste is almost as comfortable with him and I praise her for it. I figure that way we have less of a chance of her being a one person bird. I also am wondering if she is a he. Just a feeling I have so I think that I am going to have a DNA test when we can afford it. We'll go to the vet because I can't imagine pulling feathers so it will cost a little bit. It doesn't really matter because not matter what the future brings she will always be our baby.