Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: does ur lovie talk?

Lightbulb does ur lovie talk?

I know that it's rare for lovebirds to talk. Just wondering how many people DO have lovebirds that can say a few words, and which words are they???
    Thanks! I'm just curious
    Grace and The Petz

Default Re: does ur lovie talk?

Bo talks a bit ..she says Pretty Bird ,Whatchadoin'?,Hello,Night Night,Love Ya, I love you ,thank you and makes kissy noises .. she has said yummy and apple a few times . she also has lot of different whistles and other sounds that seem to have meaning
    I think a more of them talk than we know of because it's not like the human voice that bigger parrots use . It's more like a human toddler and and gravelie (sp?) sounding. for example Hello sounds like Ha-oh and Night night has a click in it sometimes

Yep,

I agree, it's not as recognizable as a larger parrot, but we as fidparents know what they are saying

Bela says, I love you, peek-a-boo, and makes kissy noises. He has tried to say thank you, but he's not too good at it.
    "Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath
    her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings."
    -Victor Hugo

Lori

Someone on this forum had video of her lovebird (hen) talking and no joke, that bird really could talk and more than just one word. Amazing!

None of my three talk but they do repeat the exact same chirp when certain things happen. Big Boi loves to swing on a leather strip I have hanging from the ceiling and when I say, "Big Boi, Swing", he hops right on and makes the same chirp every time and it really does sound like he's saying "swing" to me!
    Janie

Oliver, RIP
    Big Boi
    Shy

Mikey grumbles. I guess he's "talking". I've read in a lovie book about one actually capable of speaking a few sentences.

There was a BGM at the Aviarium that says "Here Kitty, kitty..." My daughter got scared when it screamed at us.

Quote Originally Posted by Asue View Post
    Mikey grumbles. I guess he's "talking".
    Ditto grumbles sometimes too, usually when he's got his face buried in one of his rope toys.
    Dave and Ditto (he still lets me list my name first)

How old are all of these birds?? I would love it if Louie could say at least one recognizable word. He's 1 year this month. HAPPY HATCHDAY LOU!!!!!!!!
    Whenever I call to him "Lou-whey!" (I guess that's how it sounds ) He whistles back in the same pitch and seems to come close to saying it. Can they learn to whistle tunes???I once heard a cocketiel whistle the Andy Griffith theme song. That was precious
    Anyways, I guess I better pick at least one good word to try 'n teach him.... Thanks for your replies!
    Grace and The Petz

Kameko says pretty bird, pretty girl, mimics pretty much any whistle we can think of such as a pretty girl whistle, calling the dog, and a bunch of other ones, the lastest she is working on is the cartoon falling sound, she's got it pretty close its just a little fast. I posted a video a while back in the photos forum with Kameko talking, I think it is called "Talking with Kameko".
    Mandy & Kameko

My hen Kodi says peekaboo and has so many interesting whistles and noises that Mango doesn't do. Mango my male is just your typical lovie lovebird.
    ~Sarah

Cecilia will say "Love you" and then makes kissy noises. It's very cute. She also has a repertoire of chirps that have specific meanings that I've learned. She's two years old. I really haven't spent much time trying to teach her to say words, though.