Thread: Bebo...the weight lifter???!!!!!

Default Bebo...the weight lifter???!!!!!

ok so i took bebo to the vet to get a wing clip. he clipped him and we went home i opened the front of the cage to let him out of the really tiny to his normal cage and much to my surprise bebo flew out!!! he flew around the room 5 times before he landed on the cage! so i called the vet and he was like "wow! he is strong!" so i took him back and he trimmed him more. i brought him home and opened the cage and bebo flew strait up to his cage. he has absolutley nothing left to fly whith so why can he still fly?! well today i was thinking about it and i decided that bebo lifts weights when im not looking at him no joke!
    im kinda mad that i have to take him back AGAIN! all i can say is that im glad the vet isnt charging me for this
    Bebo, Pooky, Max, Daisy, Chewie, Acorn, Noodle, Hammy, Fezzic, Chesnut, Benny and Tiki

Default Re: Bebo...the weight lifter???!!!!!

Wow...I wouldn't think they could fly at all after a double clipping! He must be taking wing enhancing drugs!

Bebo hasn't been hanging out with Barry Bonds has he?
    Dave and Ditto (he still lets me list my name first)

Bebo and Cooper must be watching the same workout video. Did the vet charge you for the first clip, I think I've been had with the promise of a tamer bird, I knew it was too good to be true... not supposed to get lift, hah!
    Bronwyn ~ Artist trapped in an insurance agents body!

Friday's the same way. The best I can hope for is that is slows him slightly from his usual supersonic speeds.

I guess it's like bumblebees...they don't know they're not supposed to be able to fly so it doesn't bother them
    rachel
    "She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined.
    She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot." -Mark Twain

im confused!!!!!! my mom said he cant clip anymore off!!!!!! and bebo can still zoom across a room in no time flat!!!! oh well i guess it is kinda funny but
    it might take me a while to actually agree with myself
    Bebo, Pooky, Max, Daisy, Chewie, Acorn, Noodle, Hammy, Fezzic, Chesnut, Benny and Tiki

Kameko becomes demon birdie when she gets too much flight so she is always cut but even with a cut she flies so problem. While she doesn't get quite as much lift, she still flies around the room, into the bathroom, wherever she wants. I think when they have a clip they get that much more exercise because they have to flap so much faster and harder, and a seasoned flier with a clip becomes a natural heavy weight. We can start a birdie bodybuilder magazine with our birds
    Mandy & Kameko

Great! Now I'm scared to get Lou clipped!
    Grace and The Petz

I guess I am lucky. When Finny gets clipped he thinks he cant fly so he is mr. super sweet. But when the wings grow back, well lets just say he is not "super" sweet anymore. He gets more attitude with each little growth spirt of his wings. Thats when he terrorizes me by flying to the things I cant reach, waiting until I get a chair and get up to him then flying off!

Cindy