Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reilly is here!

Default Reilly is here!

Hi all,

Finnys new BFF just arrived today and is currently having some down time in his cage after his long flight from Atlanta to Phoenix. I am so excited! He is sooo lovable! He was not even scared when we picked him up at the airport. He liked the music in the car and only seemed a bit nervous when I reached into his carrier to take him out. He already is sitting on my shoulder and lets me give him kisses. I think he is really excited to meet Finny cause he tried to fly away to find him cause they were chirping back and forth.

He is soooo pretty! I am so excited that he is tame and likes to be held. We will be working on the up command but until then he actually just lets you pick him up! What a doll baby! I could not be happier!

I am looking forward to the month that I have him all to myself before he gets to meet Finny (I know I am greedy).

I will post pics in a few days as I dont want to push him as he seems comfortable and I want him to continue to feel that way.

Finnysmommie (and always Evie's too) and now Reilly's too!

Default Re: Reilly is here!

Yippee! Did you get him from Jeanette? She has some lovely birdies! It took me a couple of weeks to get my two (also very tame) to do the step up and like you, I could pick them up from the first day. Reilly will learn that command fast if you say it every time when you offer him your finger. Can't wait for pictures!
    Janie

Oliver, RIP
    Big Boi
    Shy

Cindy,

If you did get one from Jeanette, I'm sure it is a sweetie pie.

Oh, you know what I want right?????, Yep, post us some pics of that little Reilly
    "Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath
    her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings."
    -Victor Hugo

Lori

Cindy: I'm happy to hear about Reilly. I didn't even know you had decided on the bird you wanted. Congrats to you and Finny .
    Laura O

Congrats! I know how excited you and Finny must be. Definitely want to see some pictures in a few days.
    ~Lisa~

Yes, I did get him from Jeanette. It was so nice to work with someone that I got to know throught the process as well as by word of mouth from others. It just made it an even better experience. Which I am greatful for after all that we have been through.

I am seriously like a little kid right now. Reilly is still napping and I so just want to go in and get him out to play! I have to keep telling myself no he needs to rest after his trip!

Ok gunna run and go watch him sleep for a few minutes....lol

Cindy

Cindy, I got 2 lovebirds from Jeanette. She is wonderful. I have visited her home and she lives around her birds. Tell us which one you got from her site and we can look Reilly up from there.

One of the neat things about a bird from Jeanette is that you really don't have to wait too long to hold them because they come pre-spoiled! Enjoy your new baby.

I just went to the website and it looks like they updated it because Reilly is not there anymore

Reilly has already learned "up" to get up onto my finger. He is so smart! We put him in the bedroom with Finny (seperate cages of course), so they could talk to each other. I know that Reilly had lots of friends at jeanettes so I wanted him to be able to talk to Finny so he would not feel like he was alone.

He is kinda silly though he hangs from the top of the cage like a bat. Is this a baby thing? He likes to sleep like that too.

I dont think he likes when I reach into the cage to get him either. He is still a bit shy to come out on his own though so unless he shows that it really scares him I am going to keep reaching in. Finny expects this (his royal spoiledness).

I am worried that he may be nervous in his new surroundings so I keep reaching in and putting him next to his water so he gets enough to drink. I can see he is eating by the food he has knocked onto the bottom of the cage. He keeps trying to fly but I dont think he is very god at it yet, so we let him loose in the bedroom so if he has a fall it is onto the bed.

I have held back from handling him too much as not to scare him but I will gradually increase our out of cage time.

Finny is by far the most vocal of the two of them. He just chirps and chirps like he is trying to get him to come over to the other side of the room to play.

I am thinking I will take pics this coming up weekend. I have a couple of domains so I may post them there along with pics of Finny and Evie. I have a really cute video of Finny but cant seem to figure out how to publish it using dreamweaver :-(

Cindy

He is so smart!
    Jeanette gives her babies a very smart-start!!!!

I dont think he likes when I reach into the cage to get him either.
    Never reach into the cage, open the door, place your hand or finger outside the open door, and invite Reilly out on his own terms.

He keeps trying to fly but I dont think he is very god at it yet,
    Be careful he doesn't crash land, using the bed is a good thing! Let him have lots of opportunity to fly, building those important chest muscles daily.

Best Wishes!
    K
    Flock-a-doodle-dooooooo

Cindy, I'm so happy that you got one of Jeanette's babies! The only problem I have with the two I got is that I can't keep 'em off of me! I could hold them from the first moment (actually at her house when I went to get them) and we worked out trust issues in about the first month. Since they had each other, they weren't as anxious to bond to me but I was persistent and boy did it pay off! Neither of mine have territorial cage issues but if they had, I would have respected that. Their only issue with their cage is getting OUT!

Again, congratulations on your new baby!
    Janie

Oliver, RIP
    Big Boi
    Shy