Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bo almost died today

Default Re: Bo almost died today

Bo was very scared but not hurt, she had the back of her head stuck in the narrow part of the link and her feet could not grab the swing or a perch, Greg said he will never forget the pleading look in her eyes . As soon as he got his hand under her feet , her head slipped out and she ran for his chest . They were both shaking and Greg cried at the thought of what could have happened ..He said to say that they were very masculine tears
    I will flip an e-mail to both the company and Dr Smith and Foster.
    Last edited by Bomom; 02-17-2007 at 02:16 PM. Reason: sp?
    Bo, Eesha,Cookie, Cindy and Greg

Big hugs to Greg and those masculine tears! My hubby has shed a few of those himself and that makes me love him even more!

Robyn, !!!!! It's a toy that I don't have but I would never have seen it as a dangerous toy until this thread. It is definitely something I would have bought, too. So glad Cindy shared this information and it has definitely made me take a closer look at all of my lovies toys.
    Janie

Oliver, RIP
    Big Boi
    Shy

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your near-death birdie experience!
    Our store sells the Petstages Line of bird toys, and the ladder/swing you linked to is one of our regularly stocked items! I will speak with my manager tomorrow and get those items sent back to the manufacturer as a precaution.
    All it takes is one time...I'm so glad Bo is ok!!!!

K
    and a kissy for Bo too!
    Flock-a-doodle-dooooooo

thanks for posting that. little romeo has a toy with that link and it is being taken out as soon as i'm done writing this. i'm so glad that bo is ok and that your husband was in the room
    Miranda
    Romeo , Juliet , Joey RIP:7-1-08

-------------------------------
    "may my heart always be open to little
    birds who are the secrets of living..."
    -E.E. Cummings

OMG, I'm so glad Greg was in there. How scarey. Kudos to Greg for his quick response. I'd rather see "masculine" tears anyday than someone who doesn't give a rip. Extra scritches for Bo from my lil flock. Thank you for making us aware of the danger.
    Deb, Nip, Beau, Sophie, Skylee, Keeghan & Tobin
    My name is Deb and I am a lovie addict.

Cindy,

I am so glad that Bo is alright. You tell Greg there is no shame in those tears he shed. That is just a testament to how much he loves Bo.

Again, I'm so glad that Bo is alright, and thanks for the link to the toy. I agree it looks totally safe, and just goes to show that we can not be too careful with our little ones.
    "Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath
    her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings."
    -Victor Hugo

Lori

Peachie has a toy by the same company, same hook. When I get home from work I am removing the toy until I can find another way to hang it! I'm so glad that Bo is okay!

One morning a few months ago I heard her making a lot of noise with one of her toys. This toy had been in her cage for several months, and she never really paid much attention to it, so I was surprised to hear the bell ring over and over again.

After I got my shower and went to get her from her cage (an hour or hour and a half had gone by), I discovered that she was stuck inside the toy. It's made of aluminum with large beads and calcium chew things on it. The main part was a spiral made out of aluminum. She had gotten her head, and half of her body stuck up inside the spiral. The more she struggled the more she got stuck!

I was horrified! I had to figure out a way to her and the toy out of the cage, and I didn't want to get bitten too badly, so I used my oven mit. Once her and the toy out of the cage, I had to figure out how to separate her from the toy.

I had to kind of unscrew it from her body. I was sure that I would break her neck trying to do this, and of course, the whole time she was struggling and screaming. I almost lost it. I couldn't bare the thought of being responsible for her dying right there in my lap because of this stupid toy!

Suddenly she free'd herself from the toy and all was well. I started to cry and she was obviously exhausted from her long struggle that all she wanted to do was climb back into her happy hut. My poor baby.

I cussed and yelled at the toy and threw it in the trash! Now I try to really think and look at toys to determine if there is any way that their bodies can get caught in them. I never figured the hook for this toy could be dangerous because it was so large!

Cindy, can you describe what you used to replace the plastic device that came with the toy, or get a pic of it?
    Holly

Is it just me? am I the only one who can't see the link used to hang this ladder thing?? All I can see is the toy itself and not any plastic link to hang it. I would like to see what it looks like, thanks!
    Very sorry your Bo got stuck and gave you such a scare!

click on the second link under the paragraph of cindy's posting. the picture is there.

wow what a scary day you had!! your so very lucky greg was in the room! Im so glad your yellow(beautiful) lovie is ok! what a scary yet very happpy day for you!

cant see the link like someone already said can you take a photo of it so i can see so i know for my little lovie too!

thankyou for posting and letting us all know!