Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lovie on Ellen DeGeneres Show - Denver Post 2/23/07

Default Re: Lovie on Ellen DeGeneres Show - Denver Post 2/23/07

No offense to anyone , but if she made Ellen, Rica , my hen, could make the Tonight Show
    Here here! Gracie is the shredding queen in this household, and she tucks them in her tailfeathers like hair extensions. Such a pretty birrrrdie!

The edges of the papers she shreds look pretty nifty, too.
    Barb

Happiness is a firm banana

Default Re: Lovie on Ellen DeGeneres Show - Denver Post 2/23/07

Quote Originally Posted by gabulano View Post
    Hi All,

Saw this in today's Denver Post
    I hope this link works - there is apicture there
    http://www.denverpost.com/husted

If not, this is the text:

Lovebird's antics land 9-year-old owner a gig on the Ellen show
    By Bill Husted

Denver Post Staff Columnist
    Article Launched: 02/23/2007 01:00:00 AM MST

Avery Griggs and Carla will be on tv. Nine-year-old Avery Griggs is headed to Hollywood on Sunday with her lovebird Carla - to tape an appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show."

Seems her mom, Jackie Griggs, had 9News anchor Kim Christiansen and videographer Don Brookins at her house for an unrelated story last week when Brookins spotted Carla the Lovebird ripping a piece of paper into long strips and placing them into her tail. Seems Carla does this all the time for reasons not quite clear.

Brookins taped it, 9News showed it, Ellen's people saw it - and before you could say "Polly want a cracker?" Avery was booked to appear on the show.

You can see Carla at 9News.com; click on 4 O'Clock and scroll down to the clip titled "Bird with a love for paper."

Avery explains that she first named the bird Carlos after Carlos "El Pibe" Valderrama the soccer player but changed it to Carla, "because she started laying eggs."

Carla shares the animal duties at the Griggs household with another lovebird, Harriet (who started out as Harry - you guessed it), Marbles the Dog, Ozzie the Other Dog and Nigel the Snail. Marbles can play dead, but it's Carla who's the star - except with Avery's dad, Fox Sports Net Rocky Mountain exec Tim Griggs, who hates the bird because she bites him.

Avery knows that Ellen played Dory in "Finding Nemo." John Travolta comes on the show right after Avery, and she knows he was in "Grease."

In addition to shredding paper and biting Dad, Carla cleans Avery's teeth and sticks her head in Avery's mouth. The show will air 3 p.m. Wednesday on Channel 9.

wow funny you posted this I actually saw this episode and that is what got me interested in purchasing a lovebird I thought it was sooo pretty and way smart to be stucking hose strips so nicely.