Thread: Very Important info about your computer and daylight savings time!

Default Very Important info about your computer and daylight savings time!

As most of you may know by now, daylight savings time is changing early this year.

For any of you running Windows 2000, or Windows XP, you will need to goto www.microsoft.com and install their update tool, ESPECIALLY if you use Outlook to set appointments.

The link is right on the homepage for Microsoft.

If you are using WIn95, Win98 or WinME you are out of luck and will have to change the time yourself in the morning and again in 2 weeks if your computer is set to automatically change with daylight savings time. Microsoft no longer supports Win95, WIn98 or WinME

Your computers think its going to happen later, and your calender and other misc. stuff can get ALL MESSED UP if you don't do this!!!
    Perran

Default Re: Very Important info about your computer and daylight savings time!

Or wait 3 weeks and the problem will fix itself!
    Dave and Ditto (he still lets me list my name first)

I don't get it It happens every year.. Not like it's a big surprise time change.. I work with blackberrys and other pda's and wireless data devices.. Work has been because of this time change geesh
    Bo, Eesha,Cookie, Cindy and Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Bomom View Post
    I don't get it It happens every year.. Not like it's a big surprise time change.. I work with blackberrys and other pda's and wireless data devices.. Work has been because of this time change geesh
    This year (and from now on until congress gets the brilliant idea to change it again) it happens 3 weeks earlier and changes back 3 weeks later.

Just get rid of DST and be done with it. It annoys me!
    Dave and Ditto (he still lets me list my name first)

Finally I have a good excuse to be late for awhile! Would be nice if they'd do away with it, along with Echecks too!