Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VA TECH

Default VA TECH

Please keep the family and friends of the ones injuried and killed in todays Virginia Tech shooting in your prayers.
    Miranda
    Romeo , Juliet , Joey RIP:7-1-08

-------------------------------
    "may my heart always be open to little
    birds who are the secrets of living..."
    -E.E. Cummings

Default Re: VA TECH

Thank you, yes, I have been. I may also have some business acquaintances who were out there; so little information has been available so far.
    Barb

Happiness is a firm banana

This is the kind of awful news that leaves you speechless. But not prayerless. .....Michael

Sad, sad, sad and totally unbelievable.
    Janie

Oliver, RIP
    Big Boi
    Shy

Prayers to all the families, friends and associates of those killed or injured in this horrific act of violence. It's horrible that these things continue to happen.

So sad, and so senseless. This is another tragedy that reminds us what this world is coming to, and how precious each and every day is, both for us, and our loved ones. Hug your babies tonight, call them and tell them you love them, and by all means, the ones that lost their lives today, and their families are definitely in my prayers
    "Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath
    her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings."
    -Victor Hugo

Lori

My son is in Dawson College in Montreal, which was involved in a mass shooing spree in September, where one young girl was gunned down and killed, and 20 more seriously injured. I will never understand the motivation, but I know I look at life a little differently now - with a little more caution and concern, because you never ever believe that it could happen to someone you know, or in your community.

He called me when it was happening, from inside Dawson, and my heart plummeted. He got out safely, due to the quick response and evacuation of the police, but many did not.

My heart goes out to the families and loved ones of the Virginia Tech students. They will need all the support the world can give them, to get through this terribly difficult period.
    Robyn & Kiwi

This is a very frightening world that we live in, where life has no value. It's a concept that is very foreign to me and I'm very bewildered when I hear of things like this happening! I don't know what the ultimate answer is, but my thoughts and prayers are with all who were affected by today's tragedy.
    Linda L.
    There are no bad birds, just misunderstood ones.

When I left this morning, they were saying one person had been killed. When I came home it was 33. I can't believe or understand how events like this can happen.

They had a retired FBI woman on CNN, and she was talking about her son who was in university in England. Guns aren't as readily available there, so there are more stabbings. A man ran through a mall stabbing people. I guess when people are in that type of mind, they will find any means necessary to accomplish their....I don't even know what it would be called.

What a terrible tragedy. My thoughts are with the families, friends, everyone who is affected by this.
    SUSAN

I feel so strange...I started working at Virginia Tech at the end of February, and just Saturday, I found out that I had been accepted to the Master of Natural Resources Program. I was so proud...Then suddenly, yesterday happened, and I am so grief-strucken. I just can't believe it. It too weird that the gunman was actually from Centreville, VA, where I currently live; it's too weird that one of the professors killed was my brother's professor in civil engineering; it's all too weird...
    I am so confused, and choked up with tears, but feel that I have no room for tears since the tragedy isn't mine.
    Last edited by Ayla's Mom; 04-17-2007 at 10:47 AM.
    sHiRiN