Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Bird Fairs"???

Default Re: "Bird Fairs"???

I got a very strong maybe. Yeah..lol. I had to promise not to buy a bird though Maybe I will be able to find a cage there though.

Steph

Paulette come on down to georgia and you can see mine..lol. My husband will take me because he knows i want to go. But he is not as into birds as I am. i to wish had someone near..lol But most people near me are ummm not into birds..lol. They are into trucks,dogs,and guns..lol

Steph

Keltoth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paulette
    Cool Jackie...I would love to see a violet in person. I am certainly jelous of you bird girls in Ga. I wish I had a friend that loved birds and could go with me to the fair. My family likes to come and visit the bird room, but....well.....you know.....my husband will go because he's a great guy....but he won't like it very much. I will be looking forward to here about your adventure to the bird show mid July.
    Paulette
    Ha! My wife is the same way. She tries to show an intrest in my lovebirds, but she just cannot seem to get into them with any great amount of enthusiasm. She is definately from the "I'll-participate-because-you-like-it-but-I'm-bored-out-of-my-gourd" side of the fence. Of course, I don't have to worry about finding a friend to go to the bird show with or taking my spouse, because Utah doesn't seem to get any bird shows passing through here. If the bird world was an apple, Utah would be that small bruise on the bottom that everyone eats around and then discards...

I would love to see a violet in person.
    You could HAVE mine, after today. . . He's being a bitey little devil. Of course I'm kidding, I wouldn't give my baby Milo up for the world.
    ~Jennifer
    He** hath no fury like a nesty hen

Oooo, Oooo, Pick me, pick me!! I'll take that "little devil" off your hands
    Jackie
    I live in my own little world, but it's ok...they know me there.

Jackie, Jeanett will not be at the July show. I spoke to her yesterday and she had some good news for me.....one baby has feathered out and it is a white faced violet (dark, like the one she had at the show) and she'll DNA IT in a couple of weeks. I told her that if IT is a male, I'll take HIM and any other male in the clutch, no matter what the color. Heck, I'd be thrilled to have another normal peachie! Another one in the clutch is the same color as the cage mate of the violet that we saw. He was beautiful so that is a color I'd love but as long as I can get one w/f violet (i.e. MILO) I'll be happy with any color on the second one. Can't remember why she isn't going to the Norcross show but, she isn't. We'll talk soon!

Jennifer, pack that bird up and send him to me.....Jackie and I can fight over him later!
    Janie

Oliver, RIP
    Big Boi
    Shy

Steph...that sounds like half of my relatives..........I'll be waitng to hear a report on the bird fair with great interest.
    Paulette

I am going. YEAH!!! I finally get to go to my first birdie fair. I told him if I do not get to go he gets to sleep outside Trust me I will give a full report.lol.

Steph

Well....Eric I suppose it's a good thing that opposites attrack or we'd probably get bored. I will try to pay good attention so I can give a thorough report. It's a good thing Mike is going with me he will keep me moving along. I'm that girl that can't sit in the back pew at church....I get distracted by: little kids, wispering adults who aren't paying attention who catch my attention...and hair dos! I went to several pet stores the other day to comparison shop for cages and accessories and fully intended to ask about local bird clubs and completely forgot. I was so involved talking to the birds and people, trying to remember prices so I could make notes etc. Yeesh! Maybe you should start something like that in your area, but it would be a lot of work....and well....finding other bird people is difficult....isn't it?!
    Paulette