Thread: Conundrum in California

Default Conundrum in California

I'm confused.......Plain & Simple
    We have had Dini for about 3 weeks.
    Week 1, went good, getting to know eachother.
    Week 2, She's eating millet from our hand in here cager and a small bowl.
    Week three, Going along well - She voomed past my arm when I was changing a food bowl. She calmly went back to her cage and went back in on her own after being coaxed back in with some millet. Very uneventful, a 5 minute episode.

Now she will not come off the top perch if we approach the cage. She will not accept millet from our hand, unless it's on the long spray. We even left the door open for about an hour one evening, thinking she really wanted out, since she tasted the great outdoors. Nope, she stayed on the top perch.

Outside of that, she is chirping, eating and seemingly generally happy. Until we approach her cage. Then she's just stands there looking at us timidly?

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Tom & Eva

Default Re: Conundrum in California

Hi Tom and Eva;

I think Dini got a little overwhelmed by her flight. Maybe she didn't realize how big the space is, relative to her small size.

Give her time, and maybe a smaller room to come out into next time. Chances are she will feel more comfortable in a smaller space next time. You have a good foundation to work from.

Best wishes,
    Barb

Happiness is a firm banana