Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do I want this pair of lovebirds?

Default Re: Do I want this pair of lovebirds?

Susan. You've expressed extreme responsibilty towards your interest in breeding. Knowing how challenging it is to always find good loving homes for any animals, especially birds, and knowing how much more care they need, certainly adds a bit of restraint regarding limitations, both financially and in the event not enough homes are available leaving them ultimately in your care. I really appreciate what you've shared here. Best wishes and keep us posted ............Michael and Goofy

After much himming and hawing I emailed the woman back and told her I am interested in adding these lovely lovies to my flock.

I will hopefully be picking them up within the next week or so (she is out of town). And you all know there WILL BE PICTURES!!
    SUSAN

I picked the pair up yesterday! They had one eggie and the hen is egg bum right now.

I tried to take some pictures, but the cage bars make it difficult! Guess we will see if any babies develop .
    SUSAN

Congrats on the new pair! Have they been named yet? And the eggies! Let's hope that these babies are healthy, and please post some pics as soon as you can!

Carrie, Fenway, Wrigley & Gracie (Scottie Puppy)

Chelsea Amazing Grace R.I.P. 01/24/92-01/18/08

Ok, I fooled around with the digital camera. Here are a picture of each of the new lovies. Bitsy and Charlie. They are very bonded, very vocal and aren't too shy.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2088986574

They now have many perches, toys, a nice swing, and a nesting box. Not that I expect anything from them, they came with an eggie and she is torpedo bum right now. She seems content to shred paper and bury her egg (first time for that for me)....I hope they enjoy their new home.
    SUSAN

awww, they are cute!
    It is always great to see bird rescued from a toyless existence! I'm glad you decided to get them
    Rachel

YAYYYYY!!!!

Hopefully you'll love em all the same even if there aren't any wittle babies

Very Cute!

You are going to make them very happy birdies, I'm sure! What color is Bitsy considered? Dutch Blue? She is very similar to Fenway.

Carrie, Fenway, Wrigley & Gracie (Scottie Puppy)

Chelsea Amazing Grace R.I.P. 01/24/92-01/18/08